Here's what you can expect to find nearby
These are a selection of photos from our gallery.
- The Knights Table Pub (still known to most locals as the Travellers Rest) is less than half a mile away, and is open for food & dining 7 nights a week. There is a well stocked & friendly shop less than half a mile away
- The New Inn pub (reputedly the highest "village" pub in England!) is less than a mile away and is a popular venue.
- The Spa town of Buxton is 10 minutes drive away which has plenty of shopping facilities, as well as pubs, restaurants & other things to keep the group occupied
- There are plenty of walking opportunities in the area. Less than a mile away is the village of Flash (the highest village in England) where two walks that start including the popular Axe Edge Moor & Three Shires Heads route (where the counties of Staffordshire, Cheshire, and Derbyshire meet). Local folklore tells of illegal boxing matches being held at Three Shires Heads - when the police turned up the participants would simply cross over the stream into another county and so escape arrest! Other folklore claims that Flash was a centre for counterfeiting money which would then be exchanged for goods at Three Shires Heads. This fake money became known as "Flash Money"....
- For more detials of things to do - both in & outside the house click onthe "Days Out" & "Nights In" links on the top left hand side of the page